If you’ve always dreamt about whiter teeth, then you may have been tempted to buy a whitening kit online, but with all the bad press recently, including research finding many off the shelf kits far exceed the permitted amount of hydrogen peroxide, the safest and most effective way to make teeth whiter is always to visit your dentist. So, with that in mind, what are your options for teeth whitening here at Riverside Dental Spa? Without further ado, let’s explore our 3 fantastic options:
1. Zoom Teeth Whitening
This quick, effective and safe teeth whitening treatment is very popular with patients as it comes with two options - at-home whitening that you can do from the comfort of your own home, or in-practice whitening which delivers results in just an hour! Let’s look at the difference:
- Take home Zoom teeth whitening - we will create custom made thin transparent trays for you to use at home together with a whitening gel. You can use them either overnight, or daily and results can be seen in as little as 7-10 days. Perfect if you want to carry out treatment at your leisure, or even whilst you are asleep!
- Same day in practice Zoom teeth whitening - you will come into our practice for an intensive in-house teeth whitening session. The process is simple and takes just an hour. We’ll make sure your gums are protected whilst we apply a lightening gel and use a Zoom activating light to break up any stains or discolouration. Perfect if you want fast results ahead of a big occasion.
With both Zoom teeth whitening options we will book you in for a consultation first to make sure your teeth and mouth are in optimum condition for whitening treatment and to take a dental impression, if necessary, so that custom trays can be created for you, if you have chosen the take home whitening treatment.
2. Enlighten Teeth Whitening
This is another very popular whitening treatment and the only system currently available that guarantees to whiten your teeth to a Vita Shade B1 - the lightest on the tooth shade chart. Again, we offer two different options with this whitening system, so let’s look at which might best suit your needs:
- Gold Enlighten Kit - an at-home whitening kit that allows your teeth to be gently whitened over a period of around two weeks. The kit includes tailor made whitening trays, whitening gel and Enlighten tooth serum to replace your usual toothpaste during treatment to maximise results.
- Platinum Enlighten Kit - at-home whitening as per the Gold kit, plus a 40-minute in surgery booster treatment to lock in the whitening results.
Both Enlighten teeth whitening treatment options offer highly reliable results with minimal pain or sensitivity and with no dietary changes required.
Prior to either treatment we will see you in our practice for a consultation appointment, to discuss the options, make sure you are dentally fit for whitening and take dental impressions so we can create your custom made trays.
3. Teeth Whitening Veneers
In cases where teeth are severely discoloured or resistant to whitening treatment, dental veneers can be used. They offer a more permanent solution for stained teeth and can also cover chips, cracks and blemishes.
A veneer is a very thin porcelain shell, designed to fit over your natural tooth after it has been shaved down a little to provide a neat fit. Veneers are a natural way to dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth and depending on the options, can be carried out in just one visit.
Teeth whitening veneers have a number of advantages including:
- Natural looking appearance
- Stain resistant
- Strong and durable
- Easy to maintain
- Can last a lifetime
Make Your Teeth Whiter Today!
To book an appointment for a teeth whitening consultation or to find out more about the treatments we have discussed here, please call us on 020 7091 0677 or click here to send us a message. We look forward to helping you get a whiter, brighter smile.