Cross Infection Policy
- Riverside Dental Spa recognises that all members of the dental team are responsible for the prevention and control of infection and are committed to minimising the risk of infection to staff, Patients and visitors including contractors and to providing and ensuring excellent standards that are continuously monitored, validated and recorded to meet the infection prevention and control standards and requirements of the health memorandum HTM 01-05.
- We comply with the Care Quality Commissions essential standards for cleanliness and infection control.
- All working areas used during treatment and during decontamination processes are kept clear. Areas are cleaned and disinfected after each process appropriately.
- Staff training on infection control and decontamination is carried out on an annual basis and any issues are discussed during regular practice meetings. Relevant policies can be found in the policy folder and must be adhered to at all times. Any queries are addressed to Dr Neha Khade.
- In providing members of the dental team with appropriate training and equipment for the prevention and control of infection, Riverside Dental Spa will ensure that all members of the dental team understand the importance of excellent hand hygiene and how to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) correctly, both applying and disposing of
- The staff at our practice are immunised again hepatitis B, Rubella, Tetanus, Polio, Tuberculosis, Covid-19. Records of these immunisations are kept in the personal files of each member of staff in employment on site.
- The Infection Prevention and Control Lead (IPCL) will support adherence to this policy, procedure and any associated guidance. This will ensure that Riverside Dental Spa complies with the criteria in The Health and Social Care Act 2008 Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance.
Local IPC (Infection Prevention & Control) team
UKHSA South London Health Protection Team
South Wing 4th Floor Wellington House,
133-155 Waterloo Road,
London, SE1 8UG
Phone: 0344 326 2052
Fax: 0344 326 7255
Out of hours for health professionals only: please phone 0344 326 2052
Never send personally identifiable information (PII) in the subject line of an email.
Encrypt any PII you send by email. If you are using an NHS.net address, email@example.com
Coronavirus Response Cell, telephone: 0300 303 0450 or email: LCRC@phe.gov.uk